Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's Not Chocolate...

But this is what I can't stop eating lately:

Avocados.

I cut one in half, and using a spoon, lift out big chucks and deposit them onto a tortilla chip. (I like the organic blue chips). I eat the whole thing this way.

Every day.

Now, I can make GOOD guacamole (or Rock-a-mole, as I refer to it in my head) (heh), but it's not worth it for just me.

Also? Hmmm, how to put this?... Well let's just say, for example, if you are having problems related to eating to much brei, eating avocados will help, ah, remedy the situation.

And let's not forget about all the "good" fat. What a shiny coat and glowing completion I'll have!

Top it off with a spoonful of frosting, and that's what I call LUNCH.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I love you.

Tracy said...

I love them too, but have never thought of doing that. It is such a pain to get out the tomatoes and all the other ingredients, you have just opened my eyes to a new treat. Yummy!

Tess said...

Man, that sounds DELICIOUS, 8:48 AM be damned.

And, um, I make guacamole ALL THE TIME, even though I'm the only one who eats it.

Sarah said...

That sounds REALLY GOOD. I'm kind of getting burnt out on sweet snacks, so this sort of salty snack (and sort of healthy, even!) sounds delish.

Kate said...

Mmmmmm....I LOVE avocados, especially when they are nice and ripe.

And if there is guac in the room, I will not leave the side of the bowl until ever. last. bit. is eaten.

Now I'm hungry for lunch.

clueless but hopeful mama said...

I love avocados and Zoe and I usually share one for lunch. A little salt and pepper and I'm good to go.

Out here, I could even plant an avocado tree! Can you imagine?!?!

Black Sheeped said...

Avocados are delicious. DELICIOUS. They are good on sandwiches, and good cut up, fresh, into plain chicken soup with some cilantro and lime, and also: plain on tortilla chips. Mmmm.

Erin said...

Yes, ma'am. You got that right with the spoonful of frosting. I'll have what you're having.

Is it too early for an update on how Marin is sleeping after ear tubes?

Katie said...

Yum. I want an avocado now.

We eat them sliced on buttered toast with a dash of lemon and salt. YUM YUM YUM!!!