Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hats... and Mittens. Huh?

It's been really hot and humid here. Like, steamy.

(As it has been everywhere else in the country, yes. I realize we are not experiencing a unique phenomena.)

However, my "must be outside all the time, no matter what" girls have changed their tactic.

They not only have been playing inside. They've been dressing up in their winter dresses, hats, coats, and mittens, and playing "snow storm".

They even requested hot chocolate for a snack. (They ended up with chocolate milk in a mug to pretend it was hot chocolate.)

(Marin's sad face was fake... she was pretending to be a "sad baby".)
(Also, these new hats are part of what inspired the game, I believe.)

While I'm not at all craving winter, I'm sorta thinking fall sounds crisp and wonderful about now. Not that I'll ever admit to that again. Fall's biggest downfall is obviously that it precedes WINTER.

Despite the sticky miserable weather, the garden produce right now? Like no other, any time of year. Which means, summer is still my favorite.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking the exact same thing!!! I can't stand this weather. I was dreaming yesterday of football games, pumpkin patches, and apple cider. But then my head started screaming NOOOOO. Because that seems to last like a week and then it's 30 below and blizzards and I'm in winter depression again! *sigh*

Jess said...

Having a January due date makes me look forward to winter a lot more this year. So, that's a perk.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Love those hats.

The appeal of a crisp evening and the first time I have to reach for a sweatshirt is very strong about now.

Erin said...

Must get me one of them hats.

And your girlies are beautiful and captivating, as always.

ec anne said...

I'd like to place an order for two hats please, three if they come in grown up sizes. thx. :)

Marie Green said...

EC Anne- I got them at the OshKosh outlet store. Like, $9 each or something. (No adult sizes, that I saw, but the size of Kate and Joan's fits me...)