Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Blue; New Year's

It occured to me today as I was looking back at the pictures I took over Christmas, that the color blue is a recurring theme.

From our beautiful walk on the bike path one frosty, foggy day:



To Seester's caffine-readiness as we headed out for some (very) last minute shopping:


To the frosty trees against the skies in my mom's neighborhood on Christmas Eve:


To the Badlands (shot through my dirty windshield) on our drive home:


And finally to my favorite purchase in a long time, these peacock-blue chairs that I found at a thrift store and instantly fell in love with:



I love how, where the paint is peeling, a lime green is revealed:


I guess blue is subconsciously attracting my attention lately. Could be worse, I guess.

+++++++++++

We are having a small, family-friendly, low-key New Year's gathering at our home tomorrow night. A friend suggested that we light a fire in the fireplace and have a "ritual" of sorts, where we all write down this year's regrets and then burn them.

It's an interesting approach- thinking of what we regret about the past year, instead of just focusing on what we want to accomplish in the next.

I'll be back tomorrow to share my list.... In the meantime, what are your plans for New Year's?


4 comments:

Swistle said...

Oh, I love the chairs too!

My two older boys want to stay up for New Year's so I've agreed to stay up with them even though I'll be tired at 10 and sleepy/cranky at 11, whereas they'll be giddy and bickery until 12.

Sunny said...

Those chairs are the same color O picked out for my kitchen walls last month!!!
I love it!!
I have to work from 6P on NYE to 6A on NYD!!
So I'll be ringing in the New Year like I always do- on the phone with my hubby.

Bleh!

d e v a n said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Tess said...

Happy New Year! I'm WORKING until 5, LAME, and then we will just be hanging out with the girls and some Totinos pizza rolls. Sounds like a winner.

I know it's somewhat unfashionable to admit to regrets, but I think it's fine, even GOOD (every once in a while). Looking forward to your post.